Srinivas Mallempati, M.D.
Specialties:Back, Neck & Spine, Elbow, Foot & Ankle, Hand & Wrist, Hip, Interventional Pain Management, Knee, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Shoulder, Sports Medicine
Board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic specialist Dr. Srinivas Mallempati joined OrthoAlabama Spine & Sports in 2007. Having completed extensive training in interventional spine and pain medicine, Dr. Mallempati specializes in an array of nonsurgical treatments and minimally invasive spine procedures, including trigger point injections, epidural steroid injections, ultrasound-guided peripheral joint injections, kyphoplasty, and orthobiologics. He is dedicated to providing his patients with the highest level of care possible so that they can get back to enjoying the life they love.
Dr. Mallempati earned his Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degrees from J.J.M. Medical College and Kuvempu University in Davanagere, India. During this time, he completed a resident compulsory rotating internship at Gandhi Medical College & Hospital in Secunderabad, India. He then went on to receive a diploma in orthopedic surgery from Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research in Chennai.
After finishing his orthopedic surgery training in India, Dr. Mallempati moved to the United States and completed his internal medicine preliminary year at the Kings County Hospital, Brooklyn VA Hospital, and SUNY Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York. He then underwent residency training in physical medicine and rehabilitation at Parkland Hospital, Zale Lipshy Hospital, Presbyterian Hospital, Dallas VA Medical Center, and UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, Texas. Following his residency, he elected to complete additional training through an interventional spine and pain medicine fellowship at OrthoAlabama Spine & Sports in Birmingham.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Mallempati enjoys running, hiking, watching movies, and listening to Indian music.
Dr. Mallempati is available to see patients at our offices in Birmingham and Hoover.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery: J.J.M. Medical College, Kuvempu University, Davanagere, India
- Resident Compulsory Rotating Internship: Gandhi Medical College & Hospital, Secunderabad, India
- Diploma in Orthopedic Surgery: Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research, Porur, Chennai, India
- Internal Medicine Preliminary Year: Kings County Hospital, Brooklyn VA Hospital, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency: Parkland Hospital, Zale Lipshy Hospital, Presbyterian Hospital, Dallas VA Medical Center, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Interventional Spine & Pain Medicine Fellowship: OrthoAlabama Spine & Sports (Affiliated With University of Missouri), Birmingham, AL
- Board Certification: American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Board Certification: American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Subspecialty Certification in Pain Medicine: American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Subspecialty Certification in Sports Medicine: American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Easy Street In-Patient Rehabilitation Floor, Trinity Medical Center, Medical Director
- North American Spine Society, Member of Coding Committee
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Pain Medicine Department Chair
- Spine Intervention Society
- Grandview Medical Center
- OSE Surgery Center
- St. Vincent's East
- Surgical Institute of Alabama