A new total joint care specialist will join the recently expanded OrthoAlabama Spine & Sports this month.
Patrick R. Peavy, M.D.
Specialties:Hip, Joint Replacement & Revision, Knee, Orthopedic Trauma
Dr. Patrick Peavy is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in adult joint reconstruction and orthopedic trauma. He joined OrthoAlabama Spine & Sports in 2020 and is an expert in performing a wide range of surgical procedures for the hip and knee, including total knee replacement, partial knee replacement, hip replacement, and revision surgery. Dr. Peavy believes there is no one-size-fits-all approach, as each patient is unique. That’s why he is dedicated to working with each of his patients to find the treatment solution that is right for them.
Dr. Peavy received his Bachelor of Science degree in Microbiology with summa cum laude honors from Mississippi State University in Starkville and attended medical school at The University of Mississippi School of Medicine in Jackson, graduating with his Doctor of Medicine degree as a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society. He went on to complete his orthopedic surgery residency at The University of Mississippi Medical Center, also in Jackson. During his chief resident year, he scored the highest score nationally (100th percentile) on the Orthopedic In-Training Examination. Dr. Peavy elected to undergo additional training through an AO Trauma international fellowship with Dr. Paavo Rillmann at Spital Davos in Switzerland. He then completed an adult joint reconstruction fellowship at Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Peavy enjoys spending time with his family and friends as well as cooking, hunting, and fishing.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology: Mississippi State University, Starkville, MS
- Doctor of Medicine: The University of Mississippi School of Medicine, Jackson, MS
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: The University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS
- AO Trauma International Fellowship With Dr. Paavo Rillmann: Spital Davos, Davos, Switzerland
- Adult Joint Reconstruction Fellowship: Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA
- Alabama Orthopaedic Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- AO Trauma
- Grandview Medical Center
- Outpatient CareCenter