The local experts at OrthoAlabama Spine & Sports have observed a surge in injuries related to the growing popularity of pickleball. Providing the highest level of patient-centered care for athletic injuries, the practice’s doctors have shared…
Scott P. Orr, M.D.
Specialties:Hip, Joint Replacement & Revision, Robotic Total Knee Replacement, Knee, Orthopedic Trauma, Sports Medicine
As a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Scott Orr specializes in adult joint reconstruction and the management of degenerative joint conditions, such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and post-traumatic arthritis. He joined OrthoAlabama Spine & Sports in 2020 and is highly skilled in performing routine and complex primary joint replacement as well as revision surgery. Dr. Orr is committed to providing patient-centered care, and he works with each of his patients to develop an individualized care plan that gets them back to enjoying the life they love.
Dr. Orr earned his Bachelor of Science degree from Samford University in Homewood, Alabama. He attended The University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine for his Doctor of Medicine degree as well as his residency training in orthopedic surgery. Following residency, Dr. Orr underwent additional training through an adult reconstruction surgery fellowship at the Mississippi Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center in Jackson.
Dr. Orr specializes in a wide array of treatment options, including direct anterior total hip replacement, partial knee replacement, total knee replacement, complex revision knee and hip replacement, and robotic total knee replacement using ROSA® Knee robotic technology. He is also an expert at providing orthopedic trauma and fracture care.
Outside of work, Dr. Orr enjoys traveling with his family, mission work, outdoor activities, and reading biographies. He is married and has four daughters who add to the excitement of life.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Education: Samford University, Homewood, AL
- Doctor of Medicine: The University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: The University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL
- Adult Reconstruction Surgery Fellowship: Mississippi Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center, Jackson, MS
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Alabama Orthopaedic Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons