Scott G. Morris, M.D., fellowship-trained foot and ankle surgeon, and Scott P. Orr, M.D., fellowship-trained adult reconstruction surgeon, have recently joined the team of experts at OrthoAlabama Spine & Sports. Both doctors are available to…
Scott G. Morris, M.D.
Specialties:Foot & Ankle
Dr. Scott Morris is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in providing surgical and nonsurgical care for injuries and conditions of the foot and ankle. His areas of expertise encompass a multitude of foot and ankle procedures, including ankle fractures and ligament repairs, flat foot surgery, hind foot arthritis, great toe surgery, and Achilles tendon surgery as well as injections, braces, and prosthetics. Dedicated to providing patient-centered care, Dr. Morris is committed to partnering with each patient to develop a personalized treatment plan that improves their function, reduces their pain, and gets them back to enjoying the life they love.
After receiving his Bachelor of Science degree from Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama, Dr. Morris attended The University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, where he graduated with his Doctor of Medicine degree. He went on to complete a general surgery internship at Baptist Medical Centers before completing his orthopedic surgery residency at UAB Hospital, both also in Birmingham. Following his residency, Dr. Morris underwent additional training through a foot and ankle surgery fellowship at Baylor University and the University of Texas in Dallas.
He enjoys teaching pre-medical and medical students as well as residents. When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Morris enjoys being active in his church as well as spending time with his family, woodworking, hunting, and fishing. He also likes to keep active by playing sports, such as basketball, pickleball, and tennis, as well as cycling and hiking.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science: Auburn University, Auburn, AL
- Doctor of Medicine: The University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL
- General Surgery Internship: Baptist Medical Centers, Birmingham, AL
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: UAB Hospital, Birmingham, AL
- Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery Fellowship: Baylor University, University of Texas, Dallas, TX
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society (AOFAS)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS)
- Alabama Orthopaedic Society
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- Outpatient Services East Surgery Center
- St. Vincent’s East
- Grandview Medical Center