In 2007, while serving with the U.S. Air Force, Nathan Miller had a hard plane landing and sustained several spine injuries—multiple herniated discs in the neck and bulging discs in the back. What followed was years of interruptions to his ability to fly between surgeries and additional spinal issues.
Gregory B. Gullung, M.D.
Specialties:Minimally Invasive Neck & Back Techniques, Cervical & Lumbar Disc Replacement, Endoscopic Decompression
Dr. Gregory Gullung is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in minimally invasive spine treatments. He believes in discussing with each of his patients their available treatment options as well as their goals. When developing an individualized care plan for a patient, Dr. Gullung focuses on utilizing the least invasive care option that provides his patient with the best possible outcome as well as the lifestyle they desire.
Dr. Gullung specializes in a wide range of minimally invasive spine treatments, which include disc replacement, anterior cervical decompression, lateral lumbar interbody fusion, transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion, anterior lumbar interbody fusion, discectomy/laminectomy, lumbar fusion, kyphoplasty, and epidural steroid injection. He offers many of these services in-house to provide reliable and efficient care for his patients. His goal is to guide the patient through the process of treating their injury or condition by helping them understand the options, risks, and benefits as well as treatment expectations.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: The University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS
- Doctor of Medicine: Louisiana State University Health Services Center, New Orleans, LA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- Spine Surgery Fellowship: The University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- AO Spine
- Medical Association of the State of Alabama
- North American Spine Society
- Grandview Medical Center
- Outpatient CareCenter