Steven P. Roberts, M.D.
Specialties:Foot & Ankle, Elbow, Hand & Wrist, Orthopedic Trauma
Dr. Steven Roberts is a board-certified orthopedic doctor who specializes in assessing, diagnosing, and treating peripheral neuropathy. He is highly skilled at performing multiple nerve releases for chronic sensory neuropathy of the upper and lower extremities and uses his vast experience and knowledge to provide each patient with the best possible outcomes.
Dr. Roberts received his Bachelor of Arts degree in chemistry from Hillsdale College in Hillsdale, Michigan. He earned his medical degree at the University of Michigan Medical School in Ann Arbor. After medical school, Dr. Roberts completed an internship at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, also in Ann Arbor, followed by a residency in orthopedic surgery at the University of Louisville in Kentucky. He later decided to continue his education and earned a master’s degree in applied positive psychology from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.
In addition to providing patient-centered care, Dr. Roberts is committed to advancing the medical field through his ongoing treatment study of peripheral neuropathy.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Roberts enjoys woodworking and cooking.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry: Hillsdale College, Hillsdale, MI
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI
- Internship: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, Ann Arbor, MI
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
- Master of Applied Positive Psychology: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Alabama Orthopaedic Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- Jefferson County Medical Society
- Jefferson County Orthopaedic Association
- Medical Association of the State of Alabama
- Mid-America Orthopaedic Association
- Southern Orthopaedic Association
- The Association of Extremity Nerve Surgeons