OrthoAlabama Spine & Sports is celebrating 35 years of keeping area residents active. Patients in need of specialized bone, joint and muscle care are encouraged to call the practice at (205) 228-7600 to schedule an…
Perry L. Savage, M.D.
Specialties:Back, Neck & Spine
Dr. Perry Savage is a board-certified orthopedic doctor who specializes in providing nonsurgical care for the back, neck, and spine. He started practicing in 1974 in Birmingham.
On July 1, 1987, Dr. Savage founded OrthoAlabama Spine & Sports. Over the past three decades, the practice has grown to include multiple orthopedic subspecialists as well as expanded to offer patient-centered care for physical medicine and rehabilitation and rheumatology. OrthoAlabama Spine & Sports has also seen over a third of a million different patients and features in-house digital imaging, CT, MRI, pharmacy, physical therapy, and an in-office procedure room.
While Dr. Savage treats many orthopedic problems, he specializes in the back, neck, and spine. Dr. Savage’s extensive knowledge and experience make him an exceptional doctor. He treats each patient with respect as well as affords each patient his best effort regarding the problems he is asked to address. He brings almost 50 years of experience as an orthopedic and spine specialist to the exam room with each patient he encounters.
When he is not seeing patients, he enjoys flying, snow skiing, and watching Alabama football with his family and grandchildren.
Dr. Savage is available to see patients at our Birmingham office.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology and Chemistry: Jacksonville State University, Jacksonville, AL
- Doctor of Medicine: The University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL
- Mixed Surgery Internship: St. Vincent's Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Lloyd Noland Hospital, Birmingham, AL
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Martin Army Community Hospital, Fort Benning, GA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: The University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Alabama Orthopaedic Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Chestley Yelton Society
- International Intradiscal Therapy Society
- International Society for Minimal Intervention in Spinal Surgery
- International Society of Surgery
- Jefferson County Medical Society
- Jefferson County Orthopedic Society
- Medical Association of the State of Alabama
- North American Spine Society
- Southern Medical Association
- Southern Orthopaedic Association
- Spine Intervention Society
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- U.S. Army: Served as Orthopedic Surgeon, Medical Officer